Thai Foot Massage is the application of pressure onto particular areas of the soles of the feet.
A reflex action in another part of the body is stimulated by the manipulation of each specific area. Thai Foot Massage incorporates the use of hands, fingers, thumbs, knuckles, and a rounded wooden stick with lotion or oil. Benefits include:
• Stimulation of the lymphatic system
• Removal of toxins
• Boosting the immune system
• Increasing oxygen to the feet and legs
• Reduction of stiffness and increased flexibility
• Improved energy levels
• Release of stress & tension
• Supporting the body's own natural healing abilities
• Better sleep
• Assisting the recovery from illness or injury
Foot massage as practiced in Thailand is an ancient therapeutic procedure that has become popular today. Originally the knowledge and techniques were closely held secrets kept alive and passed down through generations by the Buddhist monks.
Thai Foot Massage is often referred to as the “marriage of India and Asia”, because it incorporates elements of India’s Ayurvedic medicine (which are its origin), Japanese shiatsu and Chinese reflexology. Utilizing stretching and a variety of manual techniques, including the use of a specifically tooled wooden stick, Thai Foot Massage seeks to restore balance within the body’s 72,000 sen (energy lines).